Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Living the Questions 2.0

Beginning in mid-September, I will be teaching the 22 week study called Living the Questions 2.0.  I will be using this blog to give additional materials and thoughts for our study.  If you can't join the class, maybe this will blog will be of interest.

Here's the description I created to try and explain what it is:

Living the Questions is an open-minded study of theology, faith and belief. It provides an introduction to progressive 20th & 21st Century Christian theological approaches and ideas.  Along with the book, DVD's featuring 35 of today's leading religious voices will be used to explore "what's next for Christianity".  Discussion, raising questions, and lively engagement will be the focus of the 1 1/2 hour sessions.  This is a 22 week theological study for those faith is evolving and expanding. Books available in the office for $ 5.00 Led by Rev. Brian A. Young
Sundays: 12:30-2:00PM   Room: Disciple Learning Center   **   Noon meal available by pre-order- $ 5.00

Here's a blog that might help to communicate some of the ideas we will be exploring:
 http://livingthequestionsonline.com/ 

And so that you have a thought for the week, here's a story we can all learn from:

"This is my story. Whenever I tell people my parents are Muslim and Jewish, they always ask 'How does that work?' The answer? They love each other, and they are not taught to hate each other unconditionally. I hope that someday the world can be taught the same values that my family follows." ~Julia Khan

No comments: